[argyllcms] Re: Displays with internal gamut emulation

  • From: Juergen Lilien <jp.lilien@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 20 Aug 2010 14:21:49 +0200

János, Tóth F. wrote:

> The i1d2 calibration resulted in the expected LUT curves: Every LUT curves
> started from 0,0,0 and ended in 255,255,255 (I could see every dark steps on
> the grayscale).
> The ColorMunki thoght that all LUT curves should start from somwhere around
> 3. It is worse in default and simple HiRes modes. (Curves will start from
> 5).

I had the same problem here, but using adaptive + hires I now get
curves that start from 0,0,0 and end in 255,255,255. But it seems
to be mandatory to use the adaptive mode to get good results in
the darker tones.

> May be my ColorMunki is also broken or it's accuracy on dark measures is
> simply not good enough to deal with this display (at least in default and
> broken-adaptive modes).

You own the Dell U2410?
Have you read the Prad.de review?
I remember there is a problem with the custom mode that defeats a
good calibration.

Regards, Juergen