[argyllcms] Re: Difficulty profiling new iMac

  • From: Ben Goren <ben@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2007 06:28:16 -0700
On 2007 Sep 13, at 10:35 PM, Andreas Baitis wrote:

> This may or  may not account for your lack  of success with your
> Apple. If there  is any  truth in  the Macbook  complaint, maybe
> Apple have done the same with the Imac???
>
> See here:
>
> http://blogs.business2.com/apple/2007/05/behind_the_appl.html
>
> http://www.apple.com/imac/specs.html

That's very, very, unlikely to be the source of the trouble.

First, I've got  the 24" iMac. It's an IPS-H display,  and I don't
think anybody has ever made a  six-bit version of one of them. Nor
have there been any hints that the  iMac may be the first -- and I
haven't seen any indication of that, myself.

Second...even if it *is* a six-bit display, Argyll still should be
able to create  a profile without color casts. It might  not be as
smooth as I would like, but the color should still be accurate.

Cheers,

b&