[argyllcms] Re: Different applications & renderings

  • From: Magnus Berg <magnus@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 21 Dec 2011 14:35:03 +0100

Hi.

Are you sure that Gimp really use the colorprofile? I don't trust just click the use systemprofile-button. And I know that before RawTherapee couldn't use that on Linux. I don't know if RT have solved that yet. I always point my applications to the icc-file. Have you chose the same colorimetric rendering - perceptual, relative o dyl - for your aplications.

I haven't got Firefox to work with my massive XYZLUT+MTX-profile. Therefor RawTherapee, Geeqie and Gimp shows the same but Firefox/Iceweasel sucks.

Magnus Berg

2011-12-21 12:57, Benjamin B skrev:
Hi all,

For lack of a better place I'm asking on this list here. Feel free to
point me to better places.

So I use four applications: rawtherapee, geeqie, gimp and firefox.

Today I found that, although they should all be using the same colour
profile, the colours are vastly different.

Screen shot: http://img716.imageshack.us/img716/9096/92422937.png

Geeqie and rawtherapee are pretty close. Gimp is far off. Firefox looks
the same as gimp.

Ideas, thoughts, hints? Much appreciated.

Cheers,
Benjamin.