[argyllcms] Re: DPS

  • From: Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2005 11:31:37 +1000

Gerhard Fuernkranz wrote:

After studying the stoc1.c code briefly and reading the Purgathofer paper, I'm actually wondering, where the values in rprop[] are coming from? Did you determine them empirically?

Yes. In earlier work I was using a higher level of randomness, and the rprop[] array allowed tuning this. In the current code, the randomness is turned down a fair way, so the influence of rprop[] is very much smaller. Having JOINT on increases the randomness.

One of the issues is that I am currently judging the look
of the screen by it's appearance on a display. Often in practice
the look is different when printed out on a particular device,
and some more tuning may be desirable at that point.