[argyllcms] D65 color temperature + low DE on the i1 ?

  • From: lee scratchy <leescratchy@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2008 11:56:44 +0000

Hi there,

I'm trying to get as close as possible to 6500K color temperature, and also get
a very low DE.

I managed to do it with the s2, but this is getting complicated with the i1 :(

I'm using the color.HCFR application to check that, which is regarded as pretty
accurate on the HCFR forum.

It does exhibit what I see with my own eyes.

I've added some .chc files to this email...all the measures where taken an i1
on my 19' iiyama CRT.

the precalibration settings were set on the CRT OSD with the i1.

s2 qu.chc : that's the spyder2 profile done in t6500 QU, looks a bit
blueish...the color temp is >6500K, more like 6700K when checked on the i1
e1 qh.chc : e1 in t6500 QH, color temp is around 6300K and looks VERY greenish
for some reason
e1 qu.chc : e1 in t6500 QU, around 6000K........I don't like it
gretag 2.2.chc : what the manufacturer's app does for 6500K/2.2
crt_T65_QH.chc : e1 in T6500 QH, color temp is almost perfect but levels have a
DE of 6

I don't succeed to get perfect 6500K color temp and a low DE.........where it
was possible on the spyder2 :(

if you look at 's2 L HQ.chc', it was made and measured with the s2 on the same
CRT.
the color temp is almost perfect, and the DE is very low

so what's going on ?
it's the same display........I appreciate the fact that the i1 is more
sensitive, but if I can't reach the same level of excellence as with the s2,
it's pretty much useless to me.

the color.HCFR app does the unit precalibration as required per the Gretag SDK,
and they told me it was mandatory to get the utmost precision...........is that
related ? or is my i1 faulty ? :o

actually t6500 on the S2 is pretty similar to T6500 on the i1 when I compare
them with test patterns.......but the s2 gives a DE of 2 and the i1 of 6.

Thank you for your time,

-Maxime