[argyllcms] Re: Correction matrix for Asus PA246Q

  • From: Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2011 14:50:24 +1100

Іван Циба wrote:
> I found correction matrix for that display, but for Huey colorimeter.
> Can I calculate needed matrix for my i1 Display 2 using operations,
> that I described below?
>
> We have three matrices: for Huey and  Asus PA246Q (matrix A), for Huey
> and NEC 1990SXi (matrix B), for i1Display2 and NEC 1990SXi (matrix C).
> Try to calculate Matrix D ( for i1Display2 and Asus PA246Q):
> D=(B-C)+A

Hi,

You should be multiplying and dividing (multiply by inverse).

I think it's something like D = C x A/B

but the results may not be worthwhile, since I suspect that
it doesn't actually works this way. The matrices are the result of
integrating spectral curves, and without making a lot
of assumptions about the curves smoothness (which probably
don't hold for displays), you can't assume that
transforming one displays spectra by a matrix results in
a good match to another displays spectra.