[argyllcms] Re: Correction for wide gamut screens and/or RGB-LED?

  • From: Tobias Schula <tobias@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2010 01:39:04 +0200

Am Dienstag 06. April 2010 01:14:43 schrieb Graeme Gill:

> The profiling is not affected. Shortcuts taken by the colorimeter makers
> do affect their accuracy though.

I recently set up a dual head configuration with a normal and a wide gamut
LCD. I calibrated both to 140 cd/m², D65 and sRGB gamma. Using the Spyder 3 I
always get a red cast on my wide gamut screen, the standard
LCD however roughly has the same white as my daylight bulbs.

So, using a colorimeter for _calibration_ is useless and I'm forced to
calibrate by sight?

But _profiling_ should give me consistent results using colour
management aware software?

Regards

Tobias