[argyllcms] Re: Calibration + profiling or Profiling only

  • From: Raphael Weniger <raphaelw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 12 Sep 2010 00:52:12 +0200

Am 11.09.2010 23:59, schrieb János, Tóth F.:
 >>> I don't know if you want to watch the movies on a Windows box. If
that's the case I can recommend Media Player Classic - Home Cinema:

The ICC based color management in MPC-HC is an interesting thing but
there are some serious problems with it.
The biggest is that it works with EVR but EVR is a bad joke when you
compare it to madVR.
On the other hand, madVR supports full 3DLUTs. It is theoretically
better than a little ICC file. (Of course, it also depends on the
creator software. But I follow the development of the yCMS software and
I made some tests. I like it.)
By the way, madVR works with much higher precision than EVR-CP (custom
preset, the default is much worse).
* May be it can be better when they fix the bug with 10 bit output for
EVR. But madVR will also support 10 bit in the future, so...

Thanks for the information!

After I read your email once more I noticed that my solution probably wouldn't cover your demands.

I read about (the superiority of) madVR some time ago but didn't want to invest more time into the video rendering options. Maybe I'll give it try now, though I'm not into videos/movies a lot and don't need the best quality.