[argyllcms] Re: Calibration + profiling or Profiling only

  • From: Florian Höch <lists+argyllcms@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2010 11:14:08 +0200

Am 13.09.2010 03:55, schrieb János, Tóth F.:
Ok, I think you convinced me that I should test this new ICC based CMS
feature in MPC-HC.

I haven't really looked into it in detail, so I can't really compare to yCMS. Also keep in mind that depending of the type of ICC profile you use (LUT or shaper/matrix), you tend to sacrifice smoothness over accuracy (if using a LUT profile) or vice versa (if using a matrix one). It all comes down to in which area you're most willing to compromise. And if you find that the shaper/matrix approach does a good job for your purposes, you have the choice between yCMS or ICC.

But... This will start with an investigation how can I get a proper
grayscale with EVR (Microsoft's Enhanced Video Renderer).

I can't really comment on it. I've looked and my MPC-HC seems to be set to EVR Custom, but I didn't run any intense gray scale tests or the like.

Regards
--
Florian Höch