[argyllcms] CMY target generation

  • From: Greg Mikol <gmikol@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 20 May 2012 14:48:43 -0700 (PDT)

I'm trying to generate some CMY targets, and I'm having some problems.

printtarg -v -i i1 -b -t 360 -M 9 -p letter -r targetA

The .TIF that results from this is rejected by Photoshop. It's recognized by
IrfanView, but it renders in negative (i.e. black background, device 0% is
black). Inverting it in the software, allows it to render more normally, but
that software is just a viewer, it doesn't let me save it back out as a
CMY/CMYK TIFF or to split the channels, etc.

If I generate the output as a .ps or .eps, I can get PS CS5 to import it, but
the fonts are corrupted (minor, compared to not being able to read it at all, I
suppose). I can get GhostScript to render the output to a TIFF, but I'd like to
save a step, if possible.

Looking to see if these are actual bugs, or if I'm just not doing something
right. Any advice is appreciated. I've never made a CMY profile before...

Using v1.4.0 executables. Windows 7 x64. Photoshop CS 5.

Thanks--

Greg