[argyllcms] Re: Blue Cast to Color Munki Profile

  • From: "Alan Goldhammer" <agoldhammer@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2011 19:44:20 -0400

I think I figured it out by further reading on the website.  I prepared a
500 patch target but what was not clear to me were the settings in colprof
and what they should be set to.  I chose -i as D65 which is what my monitor
is calibrated to using NEC Spectraview software.  When I opened the Argyll
made profile in Photoshop and used it as the soft proof, there was a
noticeable blue cast to the image as though the bluish color from the OBA
was somehow showing up.  I remade the profile using all the defaults (D50
instead of D65) and only keeping -cmt & -dpp respectively.  This profile had
no blue cast at all so I think the problem is solved.  What was curious is
that the blue cast did not show up in the print, only in Photoshop under
soft proofing.  With the blue cast in a profile, soft proofing to adjust
colors in Photoshop would be quite difficult.

I'm going to try to repeat the patch reading and settings I just used to
make sure that this behavior is now gone.

I do have one further question that is not clear.  Suppose I settle on a
specified set of target patches to profile several different brands of
paper.  Is there any way in chartread to give the output *.ti3 file a unique
name different from the *.ti2 file?  I know that I can probably change the
file names in the directory but it would be easier to do it on the command
line.  I see in the online guide that you list under Usuage:  inoutfile as
"base name for input[.ti2]/output[.ti3] file.  Does this imply that I can
use a command such as  inoutfile: name1.ti2/name2.ti3 ?

many thanks for a great set of tools.

Alan