[argyllcms] Re: Average bug/Density curves/ xicclu -g predictability issue

  • From: Gerhard Fuernkranz <nospam456@xxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 23 Jan 2011 14:21:33 +0100

Am 22.01.2011 18:39, schrieb Elena [service address]:
> It's hard for me telling how to accomplish this goal in detail.
> I don't figure out now how such constraining could be done,

Hi Elena,

At the moment I don't know either, how this could be realized.

Iin case of your particular device (i.e. the ofps2.ti3 you had posted) I
wonder, though, whether a black generation which attempts to maximize
overall smoothness mightn't possibly decide not to use black ink at all
(or to use it just rarely in some regions)?

[ Btw, would you be willing to renounce the usage of black ink, and to
print with CMY inks only, if this would be the case? ]

> I wonder if there's some trick [for personal testing purposes only, of
> course] using link profiles or some other argyll tool [I'm not very expert
> here...]
> to create an abstract (idelized ?) CMY->CMYK separation, then profiling the
> CMY side and then linking the two profiles together... not sure I could
> explain
> well

Didn't you say, that you did implement the driver yourself? You are
certainly free to change it so that it expetcs CMY or RGB input, doing
the desired CMY -> CMYK (or RGB -> CMYK) separation internally. Then you
can profile it simply as CMY or RGB device.

Regards,
Gerhard