[argyllcms] Re: Average bug/Density curves/ xicclu -g predictability issue

Elena [service address] wrote:
Yes, but have a look a the result (srgb->cmyk)
  http://www.elenadomain.it/pub/argyll/ConversionRGB.jpg
  http://www.elenadomain.it/pub/argyll/ConversionCMYK.tif
still a lot of bumps near the center, which start showing up already at
moderate saturation. Still because of the K curve ? Any hint to avoid them ?

Hi,
        I think I've covered this fairly extensively in previous posts.
To summarisz: These are likely the result of two factors, neither of which
can be solved with the current code: 1) While adjusting the black generation
curve can smooth the transition to the gamut surface on the neutral axis,
there is no way of ensuring a smooth transition everywhere. 2) The black
value on the gamut surface may itself be non-smooth.

While not perfect, the result you have seems reasonable. Whether it
is satisfactory depends on the type of imagery you are reproducing. If
the imagery does not often have transitions that go to the gamut surface in
problematic areas, it is likely to be satisfactory.