[argyllcms] Re: Argyll DeviceLinks under CC lic / Blackgeneration

  • From: Gerhard Fuernkranz <nospam456@xxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 04 Feb 2008 09:03:04 +0100

Graeme Gill wrote:
> Gerhard Fuernkranz wrote:
>> is there a reason why icclink -G does not support a relative
>> colorimetric intent without gamut mapping (similar to -ia, but
>> relative)?
>
> Because it's necessary to exactly map the white points, and relying on
> the Jab transform alone doesn't guarantee this. (I think I made
> this change relatively recently).

I was rather thinking of a "regular" relative colorimetric conversion,
w/o mapping between different viewing conditions (since this is not part
of an ICC relative colorimetric conversion), and even w/o any white
point mapping (since the tables in the profile are already relative
anyway), so that only the out-of-gamut clipping is possibly done in
CIECAM02 space (for the destination profile only), but where unlike for
"icclink -s" the device link is computed from the A2B1 table of the
destination profile.

-Gerhard