[argyllcms] Re: Argyll 1.7 dev on OpenBSD

  • From: Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2014 10:07:50 +1100

Pascal de Bruijn wrote:

> So those patches adapted for general use should be:
>
> https://encrypted.pcode.nl/files/temp/argyll17-dev-openbsd.patch

Hi, a few of those patches need explanation before I will incorporate them:

 -   EXEMODE         ?= 711 ;
 +   EXEMODE         ?= 755 ;

Why ?

-       if $(HOST64) {
+       if $(OS) = OPENBSD {
+           LibWinD = /usr/X11R6/lib ;
+       } else if $(HOST64) {
            if [ GLOB /usr/X11R6/lib : libX11.so ] {
                LibWinD = /usr/X11R6/lib ;

Why does BSD need this ?  - ie why doesn't GLOB /usr/X11R6/lib : libX11.so
succeed
and trigger the LibWinD = /usr/X11R6/lib ; anyway ?

> While I'm sure OpenBSD isn't a particularly important platform for you to
> support, considering the patches are trivial, I'm hoping you'd consider
> carrying them upstream.

I'm happy to add all except the above two, until they are explained.

I had a go at the BSD's and gave up when I came to the conclusion that
the USB capability is insufficient - there appears to be no way of
timing out certain operations for instance, short of building a special kernel.

> That said, I'm still getting a build failure in plot.c:
>
> https://encrypted.pcode.nl/files/temp/argyll17-openbsd-buildfail.txt
>
> Any ideas about that one?

plot/plot.c:1847:22: error: X11/Xlib.h: No such file or directory
plot/plot.c:1848:23: error: X11/Xutil.h: No such file or directory

Something amiss in locating the X11 headers.

Graeme.