[argyllcms] Re: Android - color management

  • From: Lars Tore Gustavsen <lars.tore@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 22 Nov 2010 14:08:04 +0100

On Wed, Nov 17, 2010 at 10:57 PM, Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Andrew Lutomirski wrote:
>
>> There's SurfaceFlinger, Android's compositing engine, and at least
>> cyanogenmod has hacked it up to "calibrate" the N1.  I don't have an
>> N1, so I'm not quite sure whether it works well (or at all).
>
> There seems to be a framebuffer operation "fb_setcolreg", possibily
> interact directly with /dev/fb* (assumint it hasn't been opened
> exclusively by SurfaceFlinger).
>
> Graeme Gill.

Thanks to both of you.
Someone demonstrated the ipad for me, and the IPS display on that
device was too good to be ignored.  It looks like there’s no
colormanagement on IOS either, but at least I found and app (issh)
with an included X11 servere. I guess that means that I can remotely
open an image viewer on my linux box and load a icc profile created
for the ipad.  That’s nice :-)  I just have to wait too Christmas ...

Lars Tore Gustavsen