[argyllcms] Re: AW: [argyllcms]: EDID Setting in Catalyst Control Center-> Turn it OFF

  • From: Tom Schumm <phong@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 01 May 2013 10:53:31 -0400

On Wednesday, May 01, 2013 11:28:09 AM Alex K. wrote:
> Hi,
>
> after playing around in the past I also got to following conclusion:
> 3. On Win 7 64 Bit use the Patch from Graeme Gill

Interestingly, I am running Win 7 64-bit with an AMD card, and I did not have
to use the patch. What exactly does the patch do? But turning off that setting
in Catalyst did help. Prior to that, I could not get an accurate matrix+curves
profile and had to use a LUT profile which is troublesome. That setting also
clipped my gamut somewhat, but it was still much wider than sRGB (though
turning it off made it wider still).

--
Tom Schumm
http://www.fwiffo.com/