[argyllcms] Re: 1st post

  • From: Pictus <pictus171@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Knut Inge <argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 7 Dec 2010 21:06:36 -0200

Hello Knut,

> Hello all.

> I am using ArgyllCMS/DispCalGui along with my
> Spyder 3 express and have been
> happy so far. I just got a new Dell 2711
> screen, and I am getting some
> strange results. When flatpanelshd reviewed
> that display they arrived at
> quite different display rgb-settings, and I am wondering if:
> 1. Are wide-gamut displays a problem for my
> Spyder 3 express, if so, what
> should I do?

Also check the TFT Central resutls
http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/reviews/content/dell_u2711.htm#calibration

The Spyder 3 may have problems with Wide Gamut LCD...
One time I calibrate(Spyder3) a DELL 2709W with ColorEyes Display Pro(they have
a 10 days trial)
and the results were good, sadly at that time I did not know Argyll/DispCalGui.

Also Quato iColor Display 3 have the correction matrices for wide gamut LCD,
but I do not know the details...

--
Best regards,
 Pictus                            mailto:pictus171@xxxxxxxxx