[arachne] Re: what can't DOS do ??? (was Re: Mouse? (wasBrowserWon't Start In Default Home Page)

  • From: Ron Clarke <ariadne@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: arachne@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 4 Nov 2006 08:42:54 +1100

Hi Greg,

On Fri, 03 Nov 2006 07:33:12 +1030
"Greg Mayman" <gmone@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I have heard a lot about Linux in its different forms. About four
> years ago I purchased The Idiot's Guide To Linux with the
> installation CD-ROM but haven't installed it. I _have_ installed
> BasicLinux, but so far I haven't managed to work out how to use
> it.

    I use it daily.  In fact I now do all my internet/email with a (highly
tweaked) BasicLinux setup.
There is also a mailing list with a lot of good folks eager to help you get it
off the ground.
If you really want to see what it can do, write to me off-list and I will get
you started and into the support group.

Regards,
        Ron

--