[arachne] Re: budget setting

  • From: destiny2b@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: arachne@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 18 Aug 2012 22:49:39 CST

** Reply to note from Gloria Burd <burdlady@xxxxxxxxx> Sat, 18 Aug 2012
16:31:11 -0700

> I'd like to thank you for all your help thus far. I started using Toast.net
> as my primary ISP, and Budget Dial-up as my
> backup. I'm delighted with both! I also FINALLY dumped AOL, having had
> nothing but problems with it over the
> past year or so. Whew! ;-)
>
> If anybody on this list knows how to set up either Budget Dial-up or
> Toast.net with Arachne, please send me setup
> instructions. I'll need the DNS settings, best version of Arachne to use (I
> currently have either 1.65 or 1.70 -- which
> can be temperamental!), etc.

Below are settings for Budget dialup.  Additional comments at bottom.

        Cal

[profile]
Profile epphd.acf
Connection @epppd.exe>>PPP.LOG
Hangup @termin.com 0x60>NUL

[dialer]
DialPage file:ppp_init.htm
Dialer @MINITERM.EXE>PPP.LOG
TerminalWindow @MINITERM.EXE
UseTerminal No
Port 2
Irq 3
Base Default
Mode 8N1
Speed 115200
DialString ATDT
InitString at&fe0v1&d2&c1s95=47
PhoneNumber 18002596350
PPPusername bdu/yourusername
PPPpassword yourpassword

[tcp/ip]
IP_Address PPP
IP_Grab IP address set to
NameServer 209.244.0.3
AltNameServer 209.244.0.4
Gateway 0.0.0.0
AltGateway 0.0.0.0
Netmask 0.0.0.0
TCPconfig PPPTCP.CFG

[mail]
SMTPserver smtp.bdumail.com
POP3server pop3.bdumail.com

Comments: Phone number above is toll-free access which is approximately 6 cents
per minute.  Assuming you have a
local number usable would drop to 1 or 2 cents per minute.

In username line, mine is prefaced with: bdu/
This only necessary on 1 network used by Budget.  They have 2 or 3.  Pop3
server could by any used by you.