[arachne] Re: arachne Digest V2 #89

  • From: "da Silva, Joe" <Joe.daSilva@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'arachne@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <arachne@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2004 16:24:23 +1100

Greg,

The reason this doesn't work for you is that you decided
to make up your own installation method, rather than
follow the one given in the instructions. The fact that you
found the line "@epppd.exe>>PPP.LOG" in your
Arachne.Cfg file proves that you have not installed this
stuff per instructions (basically, just type "cfg-ppp lsppp").

PUHLEASE follow the instructions contained in the
LSPPPCFG package! This package has been downloaded
by *hundreds* of Arachne users over the past three or so
years (no, that is not an exaggeration) and not one of these
(that followed the instructions) has ever reported that they
didn't work.

I can understand your caution, which resulted in you trying
to "do things your own way", however please note that the
LSPPPCFG package saves back-up copies of all the files
it modifies anyway, and will restore these for you if you
should wish to do so.

The instructions in the LSPPPCFG package correspond to
"Step 3a" below, for a single configuration. Try this first, to
satisfy yourself it all works, before proceeding with "Step
3b" through "Step 3d" ...

Joe.