[arachne] Re: arachne Digest V2 #89

  • From: "Greg Mayman" <gmone@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: arachne@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2004 15:32:26 +0930

> From: "da Silva, Joe" <Joe.daSilva@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Subject: [arachne] Re: mail muddles
> Date: Tue, 9 Mar 2004 13:11:49 +1100

> 3a. Install my LSPPPCFG package (with LSPPP, of course, version
> 0.74, 1.00 or 1.01) then set your DNS addresses to "0.0.0.0" (don't
> change the BOOTP option). Should take you about 20 seconds.

I have downloaded the LSPPPCFG.ZIP and the LSPPP101.ZIP packages,
unzipped them and copied the EXE, DOC and ASI files to the Arachne
working directory.

Rather than change my carefully setup .ACF files I decided to do
a test run first.

And its just as well I did, because it DOES NOT WORK!!!!!

I edited ARACHNE.CFG and changed the Connection line from
@epppd.exe>>PPP.LOG to @lsppp.exe>>PPP.LOG and changed the
NameServer and AltNameServer lines to 0.0.0.0

I'm not sure what you mean by "don't change the BOOTP option".
The only place "BOOTP" occurs in the ARACHNE.CFG file is in a
commented out line.

When I did an <alt-D> to dial, I get the err_ppp.ah error page:
"Unable to Initialize PPP".

I am still connected to the ISP and <alt-H> doesn't work to
disconnect the modem. I had to power the modem off to disconnect.

Added to that the mouse became inoperative, and could only be made
to work by rebooting the computer.

I have tried this four times, just in case it was a glitch, and
the result is the same every time.

PUHLEASE! If you are going to suggest changes like this, just
make sure they work first. And that you have given the complete
list of changes to be made.

Greg

Arachne at FreeLists
-- Arachne, The Web Browser/Suite for DOS and Linux --