[arachne] Re: [a4dos-list] Re:Re:Re: How to remove attachments ?

  • From: Glenn Gilbreath Jr. <wizard57m@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: arachne4dos@xxxxxxxxxxxx <arachne4dos@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, Arachne Freelists <Arachne@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 6 Oct 2006 19:42:37 -0600

At 12/30/99, you wrote:
>arachne4dos @coollist.com General List ----------------
>
>On ?, Ray Andrews wrote:
>
>> arachne4dos @coollist.com General List ----------------
>
>> On Fri, 06 Oct 2006 22:55:08 +0000, Glenn McCorkle wrote:
>
>>> Over 2 years ago, I started the work on just such an option.
>
>>> The code I wrote is in the SRC files.
>>> (commented-out but still ready to be used)
>
>>> No-one has seen fit to finish what I started.
>
>>> And with just one user request in 2 years.... there does not seem to be
>>> a pressing need for _anyone_ to finish it.
>
>> But folks don't think outside the box most often. You don't ask for
>> what you don't got, you just take it for granted that things are
>> the way they are. But if such an option was available, I'll bet
>> lots of folks would use it, I would for sure, heck when I want to
>> forward a message, it is almost always *because* of the attachment.
>> Were's this code, lemme have a squint. I'm guessing in cgiquery.c
>> no?
>
>It was right there under everyone's nose in every release I made
>from v1.73;GPL thru v1.83;GPL,386+
>
>Right there next to every attachment was the non-functional checkbox
>which was checked by-default... X REattach  Attachment: (filename)
>
>http://www.cisnet.com/glennmcc/images/reattach.gif
>
>Do you ever recall anyone asking why it didn't work ?
>
>Do you ever recall anyone asking how to make it work ?
>
>Do you ever recall anyone making any comment about it ?
>
>--
> Glenn
> http://www.delorie.com/listserv/mime/
> http://www.cisnet.com/glennmcc/
> http://www.law.cornell.edu/constitution/constitution.table.html

Well Glenn...
Quick answers are "No", "No" and ..."No"!
In regards to attachments being fowarded, it is still easy
enough to attach the file (s) as ever.  As for saving them,
that's pretty easy as well.  In Win3X and 95, I use FoxMail,
and forwarding attachments is pretty straightforward.  I don't
think it saves just the message part without the attachment
though.  Never been much of an issue with me.

C U L8R!
Wiz  <{;-)
Wizard57M
http://www.geocities.com/wizard57m/index.html