[arachne] Re: Working (OT storms brewing)

  • From: "Glenn McCorkle" <glennmcc@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: arachne@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 04 Jun 2005 16:09:29 -0500

On Sat, 04 Jun 2005 07:06:22 -0500, "Sam Ewalt" <ewalt@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Fri, 3 Jun 2005 22:35:19 +0100, John Sparks wrote:

>> Working (good news: sheltered from OT storms; bad news: in a bit of a
>> coma)

> The OT issue must be faced sooner or later--so I will  bring it up now.

> Mel has informed us that he is taking down the coolist list which
> has tolerated and strongly championed off topic posting. This list
> here was originally set up with the rubric of no off-topic posting
> allowed. This is going to be a problem as everyone migrates here.

> The original Arachne list also tolerated off-topic posting. I think
> that wide ranging discussion is important to the life of the list; so
> I propose that we return to the original Arachne anarchy of letting
> a thousand topics proliferate here in utmost freedom.

> So is it yea or nay to off topic posting? What say you?

IMO,
If it is "on-topic" posts you are loking for.... this is place to come.

If however, you are looking for: (to paraphrase your statement)
"the original Arachne anarchy of letting a thousand topics
 proliferate in utmost freedom"

Then _this_ is the place to go:
http://www.cisnet.com/glennmcc/aqc/

That is after-all the sole reason for its existance. :))

--
 Glenn
 http://www.delorie.com/listserv/mime/

Arachne at FreeLists
-- Arachne, The Web Browser/Suite for DOS and Linux --