[arachne] Re: Working (OT storms brewing)

  • From: "Sam Ewalt" <ewalt@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: arachne@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 04 Jun 2005 07:06:22 -0500

On Fri, 3 Jun 2005 22:35:19 +0100, John Sparks wrote:

> Working (good news: sheltered from OT storms; bad news: in a bit of a
> coma)

The OT issue must be faced sooner or later--so I will  bring it up
now.

Mel has informed us that he is taking down the coolist list which
has tolerated and strongly championed off topic posting. This list
here was originally set up with the rubric of no off-topic posting
allowed. This is going to be a problem as everyone migrates here.

The original Arachne list also tolerated off-topic posting. I think
that wide ranging discussion is important to the life of the list; so
I propose that we return to the original Arachne anarchy of letting
a thousand topics proliferate here in utmost freedom.

So is it yea or nay to off topic posting? What say you?

Arachne at FreeLists
-- Arachne, The Web Browser/Suite for DOS and Linux --