[arachne] Using Yahoo Mail with Non-HTTPS/JavaScript

  • From: "Glenn Gilbreath Jr." <wizard57m@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: arachne4dos@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 06 Sep 2004 00:18:39 -0600

Hi Gang,
Greg...you should be able to use Yahoo Mail with any forms capable DOS
browser...Arachne, Lynx 386, Bobcat (but not WizLynx, <{;-0 ).  What
you may need to do the FIRST time is use Opera 3.62 in Windows 3.1
with JavaScript turned off...yeah, I guess you could use Win9X as well,
just make sure you have JS/ActiveX etc turned off with whatever browser.
Login to your Yahoo Mail using my login page:
http://www.geocities.com/wzlx42/ymlogin.htm
IF...you have JS turned OFF, you should be presented with a page from
Yahoo informing you that JS must be enabled to use the "new, improved"
format, BUT, it will have an option button to "go back to old format",
activate this button, and from then on you should be good to go.  You
can also set your options to Never Use JavaScript (or something to
that effect).  You can also turn on the HTTPS2HTTP option in Arachne
1.75 or later...some compiles of 1.73/1.74 have this ability!
Lynx 386 2.8.5 also sometimes handles HTTPS...but it's not always
effective for me.  I just use my own login page!
C U L8R!
Wiz  <{;-)
Wizard57M
Glenn Gilbreath Jr.
http://members.surfbest.net/wizard57m@xxxxxxxxxxxx/index.htm
    -- A Proud User of Arachne for DOS, GPL Version ! --
-- DOS Internet, Close Windows and Keep the Internet Open! --

Arachne at FreeLists
-- Arachne, The Web Browser/Suite for DOS and Linux --