[arachne] Re: The wonderful world of PnP (was Re: Why folks install Linux on servers)

  • From: Jason Dodd <jasorn@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: arachne@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 01 Jan 2007 06:30:55 -0500

It is really not Promise's fault that OSes like WindowsNT or Linux
defeat the marvellous PnP concept by ignoring the driver and complaining
that they cannot access the drive they have just booted from. :-)

I don't recall having any issues with a promise drive in linux. Maybe I got lucky. Arachne at FreeLists -- Arachne, The Premier GPL Web Browser/Suite for DOS --