[arachne] Re: SUCCESSFUL ARACHNE CONFIGURATION AT VCN

  • From: "Eric S. Emerson" <wildrice5@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: arachne@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 24 Nov 2006 15:19:48 -0500

Hi Brian,
                   I am glad to hear that you got
some good help from VCN and got Arachne
connected.  Now make sure you keep several
copies of your arachne.cfg so you can repair
any damage that might happen in the future.

Unfortunately, the text you send to the list is
definitely not really what your arachne.cfg
looks like. There are too many chopped
off words in it.  I don't know what is happeneing
to cause this but no one else is having any
problems and I've never seen this problem
on the list in years of being on this list. Something
is happening at your end to mess up the
file that you are appending to your email.
I don't have the slightest idea what.  Sorry,
I can offer no suggestions.

Again congratulations on your connection!

About zip files....there is nothing wrong with zip
files....the list moderator just doesn't like them
bounced into his mailbox....some of the list
members' ISP's refuse attachments and send
them back to the list moderator so that his
mailbox gets jammed. Then they become
the moderator's problem and he doesn't enjoy
the problem.....especially since he is graciously
donating his time to moderate this list.  I was
wrong when I told you that you could send small
attachments.  I was not aware of the consequences
when I told you that small attachments were OK.

By the way,  even the zip that you sent to the list
was not any good.  PKZip could not unzip it

Eric

On Fri, 24 Nov 2006 14:28:55 -0500 "Brian C. Murphy"
<BCMURPHY@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> HALELLUJAH! I HAVE SUCCESSFULLY LOGGED INTO THE VANCOUVER COMMUNITY
> NET AS
> MY
> ISP WITH ARACHNE.
>
> Many thanks to those of you who contributed suggestions for
> accomplishing
> that
> task.  Special thanks to Glenn McCorkle, whose login script almost,
> but not
>
> quite worked at VCN and to Eric who made a number of helpful
> comments.
> Many
> thanks also to Ray Andrews whose ancient VCN login script came close
> working.
>
> Finally, my whole hearted thanks to Christopher Chansamone, a
> volunteer on
> the
> help line at VCN, (not a member of the Arachne List) who went out on
> the
> weekend and downloaded a copy of Arachne 190, then configured it for
> VCN,
> successfully logged in to VCN, and then emailed me a copy of his
> working
> script.
>
> Ironically, Christopher's login script was just very slightly
> different
> from
> Ray Randrew's script and Glenn McCorkle's Script.
>
> After receiving Cchristopher's login script, I re-configured Arachne
> 1.90-387
> from scratch,in the same way Chris had done and succeeded in running
> Arachne
> with VCN as my ISP.
>
> I am going to ask Michael to give Christopher a registered key to
> Arachne
> in
> return for his invaluable help in configuring Arachne for VCN, which
> will
> likely make it just a little easier for the next Arachne user who
> attempts
> use VCN as his ISP.
>
> IMMEDIATELY BELOW IS A COPY OF CHRISTOPHER CHANASMONE'S EMAIL AND
> VCN LOGIN
>
> SCRIPT.

==