[arachne] Re: Napster - incompatible OS

  • From: "Samuel W. Heywood" <sheywood@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: arachne@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 03 Mar 2009 00:38:19 -0500

On Mon, 2009-03-02 at 16:05 +0930, Greg Mayman wrote:

> On Sun, 01 Mar 2009 23:34:23 -0500, Samuel W. Heywood wrote:
>
> > Arachne at FreeLists---The Arachne Fan Club!
>
> > Hello folks:
>
> > Why do the napster people want everyone to use Windows?
>
> More to the point, why do they aim their product at people using the
> currently most common o/s?
>
> The simple answer is that therein lies the biggest potential market.

No, that is not a good point at all.  They have to go to some extra
trouble to code their web pages so that they would be usable only for
the windozers.  It would seem to me that they could make much more money
by trying to market their songs to everybody instead of to just the
windozers only.

Sam Heywood