[arachne] MY VCN ARACHNE.CFG COMPLETE

  • From: "Brian C. Murphy" <BCMURPHY@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ARACHNE LIST <ARACHNE@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2006 00:47:37 -0500

BELOW PLEASE FIND MY COMPLETE ARACHNE.CFG FOR ARACHNE 1.90 AS USED AT
THE VANCOUVER COMMUNITY NET.

Brian Murphy
bcmurphy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

;This is ARACHNE.CFG for Arachne version 1.6+  (ACTUALLY VERSION 1.90J1-387
;If you want to use Arachne on PC with CPU 486+ you should start here.
;(tested on AMD K5/133). This profile is slightly less video-intensive.
;This configuration file can be completely controled from Arachne setup.
;Run "setup" if you are not sure what to change in configuration file.
;This configuration is an attempt from scratch after re-configuration of
;A190j1 from scratch to login to VCN as arachne's ISP. Includes elements of
;Glenn Mccorkle's Login script slightly modified on the basis of Ray
;Andrews personal _+_ 2004 Arachne.cfg.  Brian Murphy Nov. 21, 2006.

;NEXT TRY: leaning more towards Glenn Mccorkle's login script and less on.
;Ray Andrews
;NEXT TRY:  USE CHRIS CHAMSAMONE'S CONFIGURATION
[Profile FASTPC.ACF]
Connection pppd.exe>>PPP.LOG
Hangup ermin.com 0x60>NUL

;Connection md    ... command cmd will establish connection
;Connection READY   ... connection is permanent, packet driver in
AUTOEXEC...
;Connection NUL     ... do not start TCP/IP (run "arachne -c" to force
this)

[dialer]
;DialPage file:pppframe.htm
DialPage file:ppp_init.htm
Dialer INITERM.EXE>PPP.LOG
TerminalWindow INITERM.EXE
UseTerminal No
Autologin No
;Autodial Yes
Port 1
Irq 4
Base 0x3f8
Mode 8N1
Speed 115200
InitString AT&F1
DialString ATDT

PhoneNumber 6046380189
WaitFor1 name:
Response1 \u
WaitFor2 sword:
Response2 \p
WaitFor3 >
Response3 3 ppp
PPPusername bcmurphy
PPPpassword PASSWORD

;Port values: 0=non-standard serial (COM) port, 1-4 standard ports
;Base values: 0x??? (eg. 0x3e8) - Base and Irq are used for "Port 0"
;Mode values: databits/parity/stopbits (eg. 8N1)

[tcp/ip]
;IP_Address 216.193.15.4
IP_Address PPP
IP_Grab IP address set to
NameServer 207.102.64.23
AltNameServer 207.102.64.3
Gateway 0.0.0.0
AltGateway 0.0.0.0
Netmask 0.0.0.0
TCPconfig PPPTCP.CFG

;IP_Address n.n.n.n  ... fixed IP address
;IP_Address PPP      ... for PPP.EXE and PPPD.EXE (get address from
PPP.LOG)
;IP_Address BOOTP    ... WatTcp attepmts to use BOOTP protocol
;IP_Address %enviro% ... Minuet style (enviroment variable, like %MYIP%)
;IP_Address WATTCP   ... use ONLY values from TCPconfig (variable "my_ip")
;IP_Grab string      ... prefix of IP address in PPP.LOG ("IP address set
to")
;TCPconfig filename  ... name of WatTcp configuration file (often
WATTCP.CFG)

[mail]
SMTPserver mail.vcn.bc.ca
POP3server mail.vcn.bc.ca
POP3username bcmurphy
POP3password PASSWORD
KeepOnServer Yes
eMail bcmurphycn.bc.ca
PersonalName Brian Murphy
Organization Arachne Fan Club
TimeZone -0800
UseSignature Yes
SignatureFile SIGN.TXT
MailEncoding MIME
MailSortOrder DateSnt
SendHELO Yes
KillSent No
MailIdxTemplate idxhead.htp
ForwardString1 ----- Forwarded message begin -----
ForwardString2 ------ Forwarded message end ------
ReplyString On %s, %s wrote:
MyCharset US-ASCII
MailBodyEncoding 7bit

;MailSortOrder values: DateRcv|DateSnt|Address|Subject

[internet]
HTTPproxy proxy.provider.com:8080
UseProxy No
;homePage http://arachne.cz/
HomePage http://home.arachne.cz/
SearchPage http://search.arachne.cz/
SearchEngine http://www.altavista.com/cgi-bin/query?q=
FTPusername user
FTPpassword xxxxxx
FTPserver ftp.provider.com
FTPpath /www/html/arachne/index.html
AcceptCharset ISO-8859-1,*

[system]
Hotlist .\hotlist.htm
History .\history.lst
CookieFile .\cookies.lst
CacheIndex .\cache.idx
CachePath .\cache\
Cache2TEMP Yes
MailPath \mail\
DownloadPath \download\

[misc]
Logo 12000
;LoadImages Yes
LoadImages No
Frames Yes
JPEGargs -bmp -fast
FILEargs -d
RefreshDelay 20
ScreenSaver 10
ScreenSaverStyle R
ScreenSaverColors 0
ESC Ignore
F3key file:*.htm
AutoF3key Yes
BigFont No
ScrollBarSize 14
ScrollBarStyle NextStep
Colors 11 0
MouseColors 15 15
VirtualScreen 2000
ScreenMode Auto
SmoothScroll Yes
ScrollStep 1000
BgColor #000000
Text #F0F0F0
Link #00FF00
Background NUL
;ExitOnHangup No
ExitOnHangup Yes
ASCIIwidth 120
HTMLtext #000000
HTMLbgColor #C4C4C4
HTMLlink #0000C4
;AfterPOP3 smtp:
;AfterSMTP file:mail.htm
ShiftF1 file://doc/howto.htm
ShiftF2 file://oops\*.*
ShiftF3 file:*.*
ShiftF4 file://examples\newfile.htm
ShiftF5 http://www.yahoo.com/
ShiftF6 http://www.wired.com/
ShiftF7 http://www.altavista.com/
ShiftF8 http://www.hotbot.com/
ShiftF9 http://www.slashdot.org/
ShiftF10 file://readmail.dgi
AltTab No
EditHotlistEntry Yes
;Autodial No
UseCID No
UseCDescr No
AltSysFont 0
FontShift 0
Multitasking Yes
XMS4allGIFs 1024
XMS4oneGIF 270000
CSS Yes

;ScrollBarStyle values: NextStep|Windows|Arachne|X
;BgColor,Text,Link values: #RRGGBB (hexadecimal values of red, green and
blue)
;VirtualScreen value: vertical number of pixels, 0 disables virtual screen.
;ScreenMode values: Auto|Smart|Nice
;BodyArachne values: System|Default|All
;Colors values are <ink 0..15> <paper 0..15>

[security]
SavePasswords Yes
Cookies Yes
HTTPreferer Yes
;FakeFTPeMail useromain

[not-yet-implemeted]
NNTPserver news.provider.com
IRCserver irc.provider.com:6667
IRCchannel #arachne
IRCnick arachne_user

[auto-added]
HTTPS2HTTP Yes
IgnoreJS No
IgnoreRefresh No
;IgnoreRefresh Yes
LengthenShortRefresh N
MaxRes 1
VFAT No
UseKeyMap No
MinDiskSpace 128
AuthSMTPusername bcmurphy
UseAuthSMTP Yes
AuthSMTPpassword PASSWORD
;BGimages No
;QADT No
;Kill468x60 No
DelHistory No
UseByteSec No
EnterBGDL No
WarnClear No
RIAD No
CacheFonts Yes
AlwaysUseCFGcolors No
ScreenSaverMess 20
;IP_Address PPP
POP3log No
SMTPlog No
KeepHTT Yes
HTTPKeepAlive Yes
IgnoreBaseHref No
Editor C:\BAT\VDEDJ.BAT; see note below.

;NOTE: THIS WAS DONE ON MY P3.  I am probably going to change my editor
for Compuserve email on both the 486 and the P3 to the one on the P3,
which will be: C:\BAT\CISEDIT.BAT.

That was used for this email and it works about the same as the one I
recently switched to on the 486, except that this one has a right margin
of 72 which is a better format for email.
VDEDJ.BAT IS SET UP FOR MY DESK JET WHERE WHERE I USUALLY USE A RIGHT
MARGIN OF 78.