[arachne] Re: CPU sleep

  • From: "Greg Mayman" <gmone@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: arachne@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 09 Oct 2009 14:48:36 +0930

On Wed, 07 Oct 2009 06:37:50 -0700, "Destiny" <destiny2b@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Are there utilities for dos that can:?

> cpu sleep
> stop keyboard polling
> throttle

> In effect cool cpu.

Hmmm... I'm no expert in this, but I believe that setting the CPU speed
lower does run it a lot cooler.

And since DOS does not have as much going on as Windoze does, even when
DOS is at its busiest, there should be no great problems in running it
lot slower than is needed for Windoze.

    Go placidly amid the noise and haste,
    and remember what peace there may be in silence.
        "Desiderata", Max Ehrmann, copyright 1952.

   ,-./\
  /     \ From Greg Mayman, in beautiful Adelaide, South Australia
  \_,-*_/   "Queen City of The South"  35d 01'44"S  138d 32'13"E