[HG-PBEM] Re: Pop goes the meeting

  • From: John Guilfoyle <john_guilfoyle@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: apaworks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 2 Apr 2003 08:28:40 -0800 (PST)

> > Somewhat naively, she added, "What about the
> > authorities?"

> "Authorities?" the Colonel replied, seeming befuddled at
> the question.
> "This is Khayr ad-Din. There are no official authorities,
> unfortunately.
> Except maybe the Transrail Authority. However, I have
> worked to secure
> further aid from,... another source," the Colonel
> admitted. "I can't be
> more specific than that, but, to answer your question, we
> shouldn't see
> anymore attacks like those in the Sand Stone. Bishop
> Xavier has been dealt
> with appropriately." The Colonel seemed specifically
> suscinct on that last
> statement.

Lemanz sighed. What had she gotten herself into? "If this
place is lawless," she returned, "What's to keep them from
striking back? For whatever you had done to Xavier, if
nothing else." Disgusted, she added, "I don't enjoy being
caught in the middle of some kind of gang war, especially
when we weren't told about the risks up front."