[HG-PBEM] Re: Atop the Bulwark

  • From: "Grizzly" <irongrizzly@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <apaworks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2003 23:20:48 -0400

> > The view of Helios rising from atop the Core's bulwark was breathtaking.
> > The warmth of the sun soon began to replace the cold night air that blew
> > in from the Badlands. Looking down nearly a fifty meters to the highest
> > rooftop, one could watch the morning shuffle of trafic and pedestrians
> > miling around inside the Core.
> >
> > Jory, Juliette and Keavy were all enjoying the view when Hanna called to
> > them from behind. "We've got cawfee here, if you want it."
>
> Juliette pulled the hood back from her head and adjusted the dark goggles
on
> her face. "I'll take one," she answered. Moving over and accepting one
from
> Hanna, she sipped it and smiled. "It's good," she complimented the woman.
> Turning back towards the other women, she asked, "Keavy, you've been a
sport
> pilot for some time now, non? You'll have to show me some tricks; I'm new
> this game."

"I've been around the duelling block a bit." Keavy replied as she walked
towards Hanna.  "I've pretty much grown up around Gears.  My Dad used to say
that I could pilot a gear before I could walk."  The young woman laughed
lightly as she took a steaming mug.  "Sure I could show you some of the
ropes.  Are you really new to sport Gears?  It's not that different from
military duelling except that it tends to be safer and friendlier.  I heard
that you were in the military before coming here?  Were you a duellist?"

G.