[HG-PBEM] Re: Atop the Bulwark

  • From: "Grizzly" <irongrizzly@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <apaworks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 18 Apr 2003 10:26:39 -0400

> >Lemanz found her eyes moving over the old pilot's legs and back, noting
the
> >signs of his horrific injuries. After suffering such a terrible accident
> >that
> >took him literally years to recover from, here he was, back for more.
> >Perhaps
> >Shamus wasn't as wise as the woman had thought.
>
> Shamus gave Keavy a look of bemusement.  "Kind of you to say so, but let's
> take things one step at a time, here, kiddo.  I've been out of action for
> long time, I might've lost a few steps over the years.  I've gotta do well
> in Khayr ad-Din before I worry about making any new 'legends.'"

"So there's a little dust on the wheels." the girl replied.  "Once you get
back on the track I'm sure that it'll all come back to you.  I mean...I
remember watching you race, with such vigor and determination to win, that I
can't imagine its gone.  It's like riding a bicycle.  Sure you may fall off
of it but you never forget how to ride it.  And the rest of us are around to
help kick the tires into action.  Right mates?"

Griz