[HG-PBEM] Re: At the Control Lounge - any gear pilot can jump in if you like

  • From: "Dennis D. Kirkpatrick" <dkirkpat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: apaworks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 3 May 2003 13:08:42 -0600
On 3 May 2003, at 11:31, David Kelk wrote:

> The way the turns unfold and end I don't get much of a perspective on
> time and space.  For some reason I thought the B1K was the next day.
> Two weeks went by and I don't even recall it being mentioned anywhere.

My mistake it was just a week and a half. It is mentioned in Episode 7
on the website-- http://www.bluething.org/overdrive/ad01ep07.html.

When there is a time dilation that is large like that, I'll mention it in the
start of the scene. For instance, in episode 8 it is a day after the
meeting in the hangar--
http://www.bluething.org/overdrive/ad01ep08.html. The website can
also help in this way if you need to reference back to earlier scenes.

[Game Post]

> Suddenly a familar voice shouted loudly over the comm channel.
> "This is the team trainer, Silas Finn! Who in the Prophet's Name is
> acting like a lame-ass Romeo over the comm channel? How did you
> get this scrambler code?"
>
> "Ugh.  Savaged by the critics again." Terry chuckled, "Perhaps I'll have
> Sebastian try it next time.  Maybe a smoothly delivered line would
> soothe...  Anyway, it's Terry.  As for how I got the code, I asked.
> Since we're taking Mr. Chance's money you guys are going to have to
> get used to some outside interruptions when you're in your gears.
> We're part of a reality TV show now so there may be live interviews,
> stage directing - during non important races of course, friendly banter
> and maybe when I loose my cool a little bit of fanboyism."

There was a breathy huff at the other end. "Good morning, Mr.
McMartin. Sorry, I did recognize the voice," Silas confessed. "Pardon
my temper, but I'm dealing with a fresh team this morning, and your
//Juliet// jumped the gate already. You didn't catch me in the best of
times."

> "Plus, I'm up in the tower with some nifty high powered binoculars.  I
> have a view of the track that you ground pounders don't."

"OK?" Silas replied to Terry, almost sounding puzzled.

> "Now, Mr. Chance is here with me.  First impressions count for a lot
> so I hope you're going to give him a good show."

"Aw," Silas acknowledged. "So, you brought the trideo star, eh? And,
what's this about a reality show? I.... damn it. What now! Excuse me
Terry, I have to tend to something. Mr. Chance.... In Prophet's Na---"
Silas' channel then closed.

[...]