[HG-PBEM] Re: At the Control Lounge - any gear pilot can jumpin if you like

  • From: David Kelk <dakelk@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: apaworks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 04 May 2003 02:29:41 -0400

When there is a time dilation that is large like that, I'll mention it in the
start of the scene. For instance, in episode 8 it is a day after the
meeting in the hangar--

That would be much appreciated as I sometimes feel like I'm fling blind.
It's not a bad thing in that it gives me a lot of leeway to fill stuff
in/make things up, but a little more context would be nice.

[Game Post]

My mistake it was just a week and a half. It is mentioned in Episode 7

>> Suddenly a familiar voice shouted loudly over the comm channel.
>> "This is the team trainer, Silas Finn! Who in the Prophet's Name is
>> acting like a lame-ass Romeo over the comm channel? How did you
>> get this scrambler code?"
>>
>> "Ugh.  Savaged by the critics again." Terry chuckled, "Perhaps I'll have
>> Sebastian try it next time.  Maybe a smoothly delivered line would
>> soothe...  Anyway, it's Terry.  As for how I got the code, I asked.
>> Since we're taking Mr. Chance's money you guys are going to have to
>> get used to some outside interruptions when you're in your gears.
>> We're part of a reality TV show now so there may be live interviews,
>> stage directing - during non important races of course, friendly banter
>> and maybe when I loose my cool a little bit of fanboyism."

There was a breathy huff at the other end. "Good morning, Mr.
McMartin. Sorry, I did recognize the voice," Silas confessed. "Pardon
my temper, but I'm dealing with a fresh team this morning, and your
//Juliet// jumped the gate already. You didn't catch me in the best of
times."

[Are you referring to Juliet or Keavy?  Keavy jumped first and I think
Juliette followed.]

[Previous contribution editing]

"It's ok chief." Terry replied, "I guess we didn't do a good job informing
you of this change.  We'll do our best to keep interruptions to a minimum
so you all can do what you do best.  At the moment I'm up in the tower
with a set of nifty high powered binoculars.  I'm used to spotting for
Keavy, so if I can be of any aid feel free to ask."

"OK?" Silas replied to Terry, almost sounding puzzled.

>> "Everyone, Mr. Chance is here with me.  First impressions count for a

lot so I hope you'll give him a good show."

"Aw," Silas acknowledged. "So, you brought the trideo star, eh? And,
what's this about a reality show? I.... damn it. What now! Excuse me
Terry, I have to tend to something. Mr. Chance.... In Prophet's Na---"
Silas' channel then closed.

"A trainers job is never done." Terry nodded, "I got here a little late and
want to fill Mr. Chance in on today's activities, so could someone please
clue me in?  I understand we're doing a track walk through today.  Are we
doing time trials as well?"

During all his talking Terry scanned the race track with his binoculars,
finding the gears leaping out of the starting gate.  With Silias's warning
he saw that Keavy had indeed jumped the gun.

"'Atta girl Keavy.  You show 'em." He said.

[...]