[antispam-f] Delete after download / Ignore messages already retrieved

  • From: Robin Hampshire <robin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <antispam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 21 Aug 2011 08:34:42 +0100

Having only ever used a Pluto/Antispam combination on a POP3 basis for my
email account over the years to a single computer, I have been
experimenting with accessing the same postbox from an additional point (a
work laptop).

Therefore I've been experimenting with the option not to delete after
download, and to ignore messages already retrieved. The result was almost
entirely successful and worked as expected except for one thing:

  Messages which are "deferred" as a result of a rule, and then "accepted"
  from the marking window, are never actually downloaded - they are
  repeatedly deferred ad nauseum. This occurs whether or not the "Check
  IDs" and "Remember" are ticked.

All other outcomes were as expected:

  Any message accepted by a rule is downloaded
  Any message deleted by a rule is deleted
  Any message deleted from the marking window is deleted*.
  I have never used the Forwarding option so have not tested it.

* If "Check IDs" and/or "Remember" are UNticked then you can no longer opt
to delete a message from the marking window - it continually becomes
"Deferred" at each run.

regards,

--
Robin Hampshire