[antispam-f] Re: Delete after download / Ignore messages already retrieved

  • From: Frank de Bruijn <antispam@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <antispam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 21 Aug 2011 11:56:13 +0200

In article <52062023abrobin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
   Robin Hampshire <robin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Therefore I've been experimenting with the option not to delete after
> download, and to ignore messages already retrieved. The result was
> almost entirely successful and worked as expected except for one
> thing:

>   Messages which are "deferred" as a result of a rule, and then
>   "accepted" from the marking window, are never actually downloaded -
>   they are repeatedly deferred ad nauseum. This occurs whether or not
>   the "Check IDs" and "Remember" are ticked.

The deferred message is marked as accepted (to be collected on the next
run) and the Process button is clicked. The program sees the 'accepted'
code and sets the 'ignore' bit because that's what it's supposed to do
when 'Ignore already retrieved' is set.
Classic case of trying to stack too much functionality on a single piece
of data (or rather trying too hard to keep the same number of fields in
the IDs file's records...). :-(

I'll try to come up with a proper fix as soon as possible. In the mean
time, a workaround would be accepting any deferred messages and then
starting another run without clicking Process first.

Thanks for reporting.

Regards,
Frank