[angelscript] Re: One-time compile

  • From: "Andreas Jonsson" <angelcode@xxxxxxx>
  • To: angelscript@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 03 Mar 2004 19:14:46 +0000

I think that you will find the compilation speed quite adequate. Unless you=
 compile scripts each frame I don't think you'll even notice the time it =
takes.=20

You would best protect the script code using encryption instead of relying =
of compiled byte code. With the source code for AngelScript anyone can ea=
sily write a decompiler to see and modify your code. One encryption algor=
ithm that I particularly like is the TEA. I have some sample code showing=
 how to encrypt and decrypt data with it here:=20

http://www.angelcode.com/dev/tea/

Of course there are still reasons for wanting precompiled bytecode, such as=
 file size for example. Saving and loading compiled byte code will be imp=
lemented one day (by me or another programmer), but it is not very high o=
n my priority list at the moment.

Regards,
Andreas J=F6nsson
www.AngelCode.com