[angelscript] Re: One-time compile

  • From: "Andreas Jonsson" <angelcode@xxxxxxx>
  • To: angelscript@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 03 Mar 2004 16:58:02 +0000

It is being worked on by another programmer, and if his solution works to m=
y liking I will include it in AngelScript. However, if you are interested=
 in trying as well that would be ok. Perhaps you and the other programmer=
 (if he wishes to) can share some ideas or work together.

For it to work you would have to save the script functions stored in the en=
gine, and also the system function declarations registered by the applica=
tion so that at a later time the configuration can be compared with the a=
ctual configuration at load time. I think it would be suficient to make a=
 simple check to see if the system functions have been declared in the sa=
me order (so that call indexes match), and if not the load fails. A more =
advanced load could try and reorder the call indexes and perhaps check fo=
r missing functions.

Regards,
Andreas Jonsson
Author of AngelScript