[amc] recycling information

  • From: Trinity Child Development Center <trinitycdc@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mennonite church <amc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, lyndon rogers <lyndonrogers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2007 16:37:59 -0500

Since we had so much trash and yard waste this past weekend,
it reminded me to send this so that everyone would know in the future what
works best at this facility.

The City Recycling truck WILL pick up:

**Office paper (includes bulletins
and newsletters) and newspapers -- can be recycled at the curb when we place it
all together in either a PAPER sack or in the blue paper wastebasket (in youth
room)

**Aluminum and metal cans -- need
to be rinsed out and placed in the
recycling tub in the kitchen/outside

**Glass and plastic #1 & #2
bottles – need to be rinsed out, lids removed, and placed in that same
recycling tub

**Corrugated cardboard – (not
pizza boxes or anything with food in it) needs to be flattened into 3 feet x 3
feet or smaller and kept from getting wet – then they can be tied together and
placed at the curb.  Also all AISD schools have bins that take anything that
tears (nothing with food having touched it) -- boxboard, corrugated, plastic
bags, etc.

The City Recycling Truck will NOT pick up yard waste from
here (commercial)

But I can take put it out at my house where they will pick
it up if it is either in those big paper yard bags or in regular garbage cans
(We keep 5 such cans at my house that we often bring up)

The city will NOT pick up yard waste that has been placed in
plastic bags.

(Janice worked hard this weekend and got all of the big yard
waste cut up into cans/yard waste bags and we got it hauled away.  There are
still several plastic bags in the
garbage can area that I just have NOT had time to place into bags/cans so if
anyone does have time to help with this job – there are more paper bags in the
water heater closet.)

 We can also place easily
compostable material like grass clippings and leaves into the compost bins in
the community garden area.)

We have 3 big trash cans here and most every week, all of us
users make enough trash to fill them fairly full.  Whenever there is a big
event, we tend to overflow the cans.  Often Lyndon buys $2 tags for their waste,
Garland or I take some bags home, or again, we encourage everyone to recycle as
much as possible by first using reusable and  putting the aluminum cans and
plastic bottles with #1 &
#2 on them in the recycling bin.

 Thanks to all for helping us to keep “living simply.”

Gloria Neunaber

Director

Trinity Child Development Center

512-928-2212
Climb to the top of the charts!  Play Star Shuffle:  the word scramble
challenge with star power.