[amc] Re: politics

  • From: Stephen Hochstetler <shochste@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: amc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2004 09:00:09 -0600

Nevitt and Bob,

It simply comes down to email / listserv communications and how it is
different than person to person communications.   At church Nevitt and Ray
could be talking about the election around the coffee pot, then Bob could
choose to just go and talk to someone else.   From a listserv he sees every
communication and can't walk away.   However, from the subject it should be
possible to delete them without opening them if you choose to.    Of course
this is more painful if you are on a dial line instead of cable/DSL.

In summary, I suggest you delete the ones that are obviously political Bob.
You shouldn't have to read before deleting.   I wish I could set some sort
of filter at the listserv, but that technology is beyond our free place
where we do this.

take care,

Stephen Hochstetler              shochste@xxxxxxxxxx
International Technical Support Organization at IBM
Office - 512-838-6198 (t/l 678)       FAX - 512-838-6931
http://www.redbooks.ibm.com