[amc] What you can do to help the Gulf

  • From: Jennifer Knott <website.designer007@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: amc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 14 Jun 2010 14:48:36 -0500

All:As I mentioned during the service this past Sunday, I'm collecting Dawn
liquid dish washing detergent, clean towels (can be used) and pantyhose to
help with the oil disaster in the Gulf. The pantyhose are used in making
hair booms that apparently soak up oil better than the conventional booms.
This message was sent in today from Orange Beach, Alabama:A councilman in
Orange Beach whose shoreline was strung w/ hair boom woke up to clean sands
in front of his home today. From his pier to the condo next door, the Coast
Guard ... strung conventional boom---the beach is covered in oil today. THE
HAIR BOOMS WORK!!!How hair booms are made:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=45AOWHXL36s
How well the hair booms work:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Q0cL4GsSqwCuriously,
hair booms are still being made by grass roots volunteers. Hopefully, one
day someone can figure out how to manufacture them.

*How you can help:*
*- contact your hair salon to ask if they would collect hair for the hair
booms.*
*- donate pantyhose*
*- donate Dawn liquid dish washing detergent*  (I'm looking into how the $1
donation/per purchase can be applied to AMC)
*- donate clean towels (used are ok!)*
**
*
*Let me know by email what you can do, or just see me after the service next
week. I'll take anything you can bring and ship it out to various agencies.*
*
Thanks for helping out!
Jennifer Knott