[amc] Preparation for the SSC Annual Meeting

  • From: "Garland Robertson" <lauralarue@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Austin Mennonite Church" <amc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2004 01:21:19 -0500

The South Central Conference will begin here in Austin at the Red Lion Hotel
this Friday, Jul 16, at 7:00 in the evening, and will conclude after the
morning worship service on Sunday, Jul 18.  This annual meeting will consist of
several delegate sessions, special meetings, and combined worship services.  If
you have never attended a regional conference before, this might be an
opportunity to observe some of its proceedings.  I will consult the conference
staff to determine if it possible for persons to visit some of the scheduled
events.  I will inform you as soon as I have the answer.
Much planning and coordination is necessary in order to provide this important
meeting.  Already Ray and Grant have helped prepare for worship services, and
Gloria has invested much time and energy to ensure that the children present
will have a safe and enriching experience.  Many of you have responded to their
requests for volunteers to meet transportation and childcare needs during the
conference.  This behind-the-scenes ministry is essential for the efficient
flow of the annual meeting.  Together, all contributions from a multitude of
sources culminate to recreate and inspire fellow believers in their personal
journey of faith.
All of us are blessed by the devoted ministry of all persons who spend
themselves on behalf of those who will attend this conference.  The extent of
their offering is immeasurable, as it will be transformed into enduring service
on the fields of those who return to their distant homes, nourished and
refreshed because of their visit here.  Thank you for these silent gifts.
--- Garland Robertson
--- lauralarue@xxxxxxxxxxxxx