[amc] Notes on Discussion of Narrative Christus Victor

  • From: "Ray Gingerich" <RGingerich@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Austin Mennonite Church" <amc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2005 14:25:16 -0600

Friends,

Apologies for forgetting to ask someone to take notes yesterday. The attached
is from my flawed memory. Feel free to correct any major incosistencies with
what was really said.

Also, we didn't really discuss the issue of the Revelation depiction of the
Devil as being the Roman empire. Might we discuss this next Sunday in addition
to "Other Implications?" I don't recall Weaver drawing any parallels to empire
in general, or the current empire on the world stage now. I'm guessing he
figured we were smart enough to figure that out for ourselves--or maybe he
would prefer not to be a martyr, at least just yet.

Ray