[amc] Greetings from Steve H.

  • From: stephen hochstetler <srh2pjh@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Mennonite Church Austin <amc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 9 Oct 2010 07:05:18 -0500

Hi everyone,

Thank you all for your prayers.    The heart caterization went well
yesterday and the nurse said this morning that I can remove the bandage.   I
was surprised to have had no pain at any time yesterday where they had done
the insertion.     I have lots of things to be thankful for:   One, is the
fact that Pat and I have the opportunity to workout from 2 to 4 times every
week.  That these workouts are hard enough they challange our bodies.   This
will help in my recovery.  Two,  when I did feel strangeness in my chests
that it was only several weeks before a physical.  Three, access to good
medical care.  Four, access to insurance to pay for the tests that showed
there was more going on than I expected.  Four, not the least of these
things, is the faith in God that we share together that can bring us
internal peace no matter what the situation is.  Five, is having you all as
a community/family here in Austin.

What I thought would be a one day event yesterday at the hospital will
likely be 8 or 9 days since I am here this weekend to work with a
hematologist to get my platelet count up before the bypass surgery on
Monday.  After that will be another week or two of recovery at home.  Please
keep us (and the doctors) in your prayers.   You can send hugs with Pat as
she will be seeing you all on Sunday.

Was that August strangeness that I felt in my chest a heart attack?   I did
not recognize it as such at the time, but any event where your heart muscle
complains when it does not get enough oxygen is a heart attack.  They were
minor ones that were brought on by heavy exertion.

Peace,
Steve