[amc] Fwd: AMC Update 2014Jul1

  • From: stephen hochstetler <srh2pjh@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Mennonite Church Austin <amc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 3 Jul 2014 08:21:47 -0500

It is amazing how the reading for this Sunday reflects my experiences in
the queue this trip.   We have experienced sun, water, wind and the caring
and welcoming of old friends and time to make new ones. It has been good to
hear how God has been working in their lives.  I ask for prayers for Chris
and Dan who are two young men who run the risk of a drinking and gambling
lifestyle.  We only see each other for a week each year but somehow have
that instant connection where I am a mentor to them with time for some long
talks.  I feel God's presence here in this temporary community.

It is becoming an interesting people experience each year here as a reunion
of friends.  This year there was fewer new campers to help since I seemed
to be camping besides friends almost every night.

Peace,

Steve h