[amc] Fw: Volunteer Mentor Program

  • From: "Bob Koehn" <RKOEHN1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <amc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 24 Jul 2015 17:08:03 -0500

anybody interested??

From: Hannah Ford
Sent: Friday, July 24, 2015 2:40 PM
To: Bob Koehn
Subject: Volunteer Mentor Program

Hi there!

I’m excited to finally be writing you all about a unique volunteer opportunity.
Several years ago Front Steps had a Volunteer Mentor program that connected
Volunteers directly with Front Steps Housing Case Managers and individual
clients to provide additional support as the client transitioned into housing
and worked to adjust to their new life.

In the past this has been a powerful opportunity and experience for both client
and volunteer. The journey from homelessness into housing can be difficult and
lonely at times. Having volunteer mentors to assist with this process can be
eye opening and challenging but is incredibly beneficial for those involved.

We are re-establishing this program and I’d LOVE to connect with those of you
that may be interested!

Things to Know:
a.. This is NOT a one-time volunteer opportunity.

a.. Participating in this Volunteer program would be a 4 – 6 month time
commitment.

a.. Within that 4 – 6 month time frame, you would be expected to work with
your assigned client at minimum once a week. Consistency is key!

a.. Before moving forward a short interview will be conducted with each
prospective Volunteer Mentor to determine if you will be a good fit for this
opportunity.

a.. Additional training will be provided and required for all Volunteer
Mentors.

Please feel free to follow up with any specific questions you may have!

Thank you so much and I look forward to hearing from you all soon!

Sincerely,

Hannah

­
Your satisfaction with communications from Front Steps is important to us. If
you would like to review or change your message preferences with us, please
visit our message preferences page by clicking this link:

http://www.volgistics.com/ex/syst.dll?ACT=30&KEY=134152&PW=8924794&PN=757978