[amc] Re: Fw: Every American Should See This

  • From: "Nevitt D. Reesor" <reesor@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Austin Mennonite Church <amc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2005 23:28:03 -0600

According to an NPR report today, there were no chemical weapons. They used white phosphorus, which is not considered a chemical weapon, nor is it prohibited by international conventions. It is an incendiary weapon than can cause extreme suffering if used against human beings because it continues to burn even while in the body. It's a terrible weapon, but it's not in the class of weapons used by Saddam against the Iraqi people; it's not a poisonous agent used to kill large masses of people. According to the report, the Italian filmmakers drew rather poorly-justified conclusions regarding the cause of death among the people they investigated. The types of injuries they found cannot be caused by white phosphorus, and white phosphorus was the "chemical" weapon used in Fallujah.

Nevitt

On Nov 13, 2005, at 10:02 PM, Ray Gingerich wrote:

Friends,

I am downloading this--takes about 4 hours on a fast computer. I will make some DVD's so those who wish to see it can.

Ray