[amc] FW: Please consider supporting the 20th AIDS Walk Austin

  • From: "garland robertson" <pastor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Austin Mennonite Church" <amc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2007 08:11:10 -0600

I am forwarding the information below for your awareness.

Date:        Sunday, October 28, 2007

Location:  Waterloo Park (403 East 15th Street, between Trinity & Red River)

Time:          8:30 am - Registration begins

                9:00 am - Opening Ceremonies

                10:00 am - AIDS Walk Step-Off

Distance:  5K or 3.1 miles - Takes approximately one hour to complete

Why:        The AIDS crisis continues.  AIDS has no cure.  We need your
help.

                There are over 4,000 people living with HIV/AIDS in Austin.
There are

                approximately 1,500 Austinites living with HIV/AIDS who do
not know

                they have it.  1 out of every 5 people in Austin with
HIV/AIDS is

                between 15 and 24 years old.  In Austin alone, 100 people
die of HIV/AIDS

                each year.

Register:  Online, by mail (see below) or over the phone at (512) 452-WALK
(9255) today!

Who Benefits: AIDS Services of Austin and the fundraising teams of over ten
other

                outstanding HIV/AIDS service and education providers!

HELP us Walk Forward.

Detailed steps for donating online:

1. See http://www.AidsWalkAustin.org.

2. Click on "FIND YOUR HERO - search for team or walker."

3. Click on "Find a Team."

4. Click on the button "Search for a Team."

5. Enter "ASA" In the box titled "Team Name."

6. Click on the button marked "Search."

7. Click on the middle of the three teams, "Team ASA."

8. Click on the grey box in the purple field above the thermometer titled
"Support Team ASA!"

9. In the Security Information pop-up box, answer "Yes" to the question "Do
you want to display the nonsecure items?"

10. Choose a donation amount and follow the rest of the instructions.

Or just copy and paste this whole link:

<https://secure2.convio.net/aidsa/site/Donation?ACTION=SHOW_DONATION_OPTIONS
&CAMPAIGN_ID=1801&PROXY_ID=4881&PROXY_TYPE=22&FR_ID=1061&JServSessionIdr009=
k2ikgracv2.app2a>
https://secure2.convio.net/aidsa/site/Donation?ACTION=SHOW_DONATION_OPTIONS&;
CAMPAIGN_ID=1801&PROXY_ID=4881&PROXY_TYPE=22&FR_ID=1061&JServSessionIdr009=k
2ikgracv2.app2a

Checks can be written to "AIDS Walk Austin" and you can mail them to:

AIDS Walk Austin

PO Box 4874

Austin, TX  78765

(Be sure to include "Team ASA" on the subject line.)

  _____

Building a website is a piece of cake.
Yahoo! Small Business gives you all
<http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=48251/*http:/smallbusiness.yahoo.com/webhosting/
?p=PASSPORTPLUS>  the tools to get online.